A space for all to bring their ideas to the real world.
Everyone should have the opportunity to bring their ideas to life. For some people this requires just a computer and a flat work surface. For others however, more infrasructure may be required …like tablesaws, and welders.
At our home on Orcas Island, I am fortunate enough to have lots of tools and space. My question now is how to open those up to my wonderful community in a way that is safe and sustainable. I don’t have all the answers for this project yet, but it is a goal I am working towards.
- Makerspaces, such as Artisan’s Asylum
- Tool libraries, such as the NE Seattle Tool Library, where I was on the steering committee while I lived in Seattle.
- Cooperative organizations, where the business exists only to serve the people.
- MMM HQ - coworking meets makerspace.
- Anacortes Cottage Hobby House
2019-12-31 16:00 -0800